The Edge 96.ONE
Beats That Move You

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

So, Working With Kanye Sounds Insane

Chance the Rapper may be one of the hottest acts around right now but that doesn't mean he's immune to the effects of working with artists like Kanye West.

In a recent interview with Teen Vogue, Chance opened up about what it's really like to work with his Gold Digger singing best mate, and it's exactly as insane as you're picturing.

"He's very big on multi-tasking," he said. "We'll have a studio rented out, and he'll bounce between rooms working on different songs, writing for a second or adding or subtracting productions."

BUT that doesn't mean he's actually, you know, working.

In fact, Yeezy only dedicates about 25 per cent of his time to being "productive" while the other 75 per cent is spent on "lectures".

"He tells you exactly how he views the world," Chance added.

"Honestly, that definitely gets your creativity and strong opinions out on the floor. I think it helped me find myself.

"I'm a young dude from Chicago who grew up with Kanye as my image of hip hop. Finding your voice in a room where you have to challenge Kanye is scary - but it's also life-affirming."

Basically, Kanye sounds like that one teacher in high school who everyone was absolutely terrified of, but who somehow managed to steer you towards getting great marks in your HSC.

Share this: