11 Crazy Truths About Being A Victoria’s Secret Model
The Victoria's Secret Models are beautiful, sexy and confident.
But here are 11 things you might not know about those supermodel angels...
1. They practice in their heels ALL THE TIME
As soon as the girls find out they've been selected, they wear heels during fittings, rehearsals and as often as they can. This way they'll feel comfortable wearing them and won't bust their butts on the runway.
2. Depending on the outfit, some girls wear a nude thong under their lingerie
This helps with avoiding potential overexposure.
3. There are bra inserts available for all the girls to use if they want
Who wouldn't say yes to a little extra padding?
4. Double sided fashion tape is used.. in BULK!
The stylists use double sided fashion tape to keep everything in place so nothing slips or slides around.
5. Outfit disasters DO happen backstage
Outfits have been known to rip when the models are trying to put them on... however seamstresses are there to stitch them right back in to their outfits!
6. The models are in the hair and makeup chair for HOURS before the show
While all the models are naturally gorgeous, it takes a lot of time and effort to making their hair and make-up VS worthy. There were 32 makeup artists, 32 hairstylists and six manicurists on hand. They went through 60 beachwaver hair tools and 40 cans of hairspray to help all 47 women get runway-ready.
7. ALL the girls (except one) got extensions
Lead hairstylist Sarah Potempa told cosmopolitan.com "We put extensions in each girl's hair to give it thickness. It wasn't really about length this year". The only model who didn't get them was Maria Borges, who walked the runway with her natural texture!
8. The models have their bronzed glow because they get touched up with body makeup before getting dressed.
In addition to the spray tans all the girls get a day or two before the show, the girls get a little more body makeup before they walk down the runway to ensure they are looking flawless.
9. The majority of the models work out twice a day starting a week or two before the show
No wonder they're so fit!
10. The models DO eat!
Backstage, there is catering for breakfast lunch and dinner.
11. Getting dressed is a completely hands-off experience
Backstage, an entire team of dressers are responsible for getting the models in and out of their lingerie and wings. The models literally stand there as their outfits are peeled off of them and then the next one is put back on!