Teenager Left with Flesh-Eating Bug After Visiting Dentist
WARNING: Graphic Content
An 18-year-old girl in Cambodia has been rushed to hospital after she’s been left with a flesh-eating bacteria from visiting a dentist.
Suth Ret, developed the bug which is known as ‘necrotising fasciitis’ following a minor dental procedure in December to have a tooth removed.
According to Daily Mail, the bacteria from not having the wound treated quickly enough found its way into her bloodstream and began eroding away at her skin on the right side of her face.
After being rushed to hospital in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, the 18-year-old continues to fight for her life as doctors are trying to stop the condition from spreading across her face.
There has been a call for international help and funds to cover medical costs.
A source that knows the young girl has said 'She was 100 per cent healthy three months ago. She was just sneezing and now she has no face.'
'It's a race against time but she is stable. We are looking to raise money to assist with her recovery.' The source said.
Suth has been visited by a German team of facial reconstruction surgeons and a Malaysian surgeon with 40 years of experience.
Source: Daily Mail