Baby, One, Dies After Being Found In Hot Car
Police are currently investigating whether a baby was accidentally left in a hot car at a home in Sydney’s west yesterday.
Emergency services rushed to a home in Chester Hill on Sunday afternoon following reports that a 22-month-old boy had been found unresponsive.
Paramedics were unable to revive the toddler and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were told that family members had been searching for the boy inside the home before he was found inside the car out the front.
Outside temperatures reached 34C in the area yesterday, with the Daily Telegraph reporting that the child was left in the car for several hours.
The boy is said to be a twin and one of six children. He was reportedly left in the care of someone else while his mother was out.
The boy’s grandmother, who also lives at the house, was taken to hospital suffering from shock following the incident.
A crime scene has been set up and a report will be prepared for the coroner.
Anyone with any information is being urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.