Beats That Move You

Now Playing:

Listen on

Two-month-old Baby Stabbed To Death, Grandfather Arrested

Update 8/01/16

The family of Queenie has released a statement, thanking the community for their support during this difficult time. 

Statement from Tenglong Xu:

"My wife and I would like to extend our thanks to the community for the support they have shown to us since this tragic incident that occurred within our family home on Wednesday.

We are struggling to come to terms with the loss of our daughter and with the terrible injuries that my wife and her mother have suffered.

Whilst we appreciate the support we have received, we would like to ask members of the community and the media to please respect our privacy and the dignity of our family at this time and allow us to deal with this difficult situation and to grieve for our daughter as a family in our own private manner."

Earlier 7/01/16

Another display of horrific family violence in Brisbane has left a two-month-old baby girl dead, a mother and grandmother undergoing surgery for stab wounds, and a grandfather arrested.

The two-month-old baby girl, named Qianqian "Queenie" Xu, is another child who has died after a violent attack by a family member in her family's home in Parkinson, in Brisbane's south.

She died last night in hospital.

The child's injured mother, also a victim of the attack. crawled to a neighbour's house for assistance.

The 53-year-old grandfather was said to be visiting from China with his wife, and staying with their daughter in her Parkinson home.

Police and ambulances rushed to the usually quiet street at around 2.30pm on Wednesday.


A video filmed by a witness and published today by The Courier Mail shows the grandfather covered in blood and stumbling around on the front yard, moments after the violent attack.

As he lies on the ground, two police officers cuff his hands behind his back and he is arrested.

The footage shows sounds of the mother's screams as she ran to get help from a neighbour, and a bloody trail down the street shows the path she took.


She was rushed to Lady Cilento Children's Hospital.

A neighbour spoke to The Courier Mail about the ordeal.

“He was just covered in blood, literally pouring out of him," Sun Gill said.

“It was pretty surreal. Very, very surreal, just the blood itself.”

“They had the garage door open. You could see all the blood in the garage and then the trail from when they walked to the neighbour’s house.”

The wife and grandmother of the two-month-old - a woman in her 50's - was found inside the house with serious stab wounds.

She was being treated for life threatening injuries overnight, and the 53-year-old man was being treated for self-inflicted injuries.

Detectives are investigating the incident and will speak with the three adults when their medical conditions allow.

There is believed to be no other people involved and police remain at the hospital.

Source: Channel 9

Photos: Channel 9

Share this: