It’s a sad day for reality TV show fans!

Channel Seven have announced that the game show-style dating program, Take Me Out has been axed!

The show, which saw single men attempt to obtain a date with one of thirty women on a panel, premiered in Australia last year and was hosted by comedian Joel Creasey.

On it’s first episode, the show only brought in 604,000 metro viewers according to OZTam’s ratings as the show was competing with Nine’s The Block and Ten’s Survivor in the same time slot.

Announcing the cancellation of the show, Director of Network Programming Angus Ross also said that one of seven’s new talent shows would also get the boot.

Advertisement
Advertisement

“Take Me Out and All Together Now will not return,” he said in a statement to TV Tonight on Wednesday.

Singing show All Together Now was hosted by Ronan Keating and Julia Zemiro and premiered with 813,000 metro viewers last year. But the comments online about the singing competition were far less positive.

Speaking with the Herald Sun last year, Ronan Keating said that he didn’t think shows like X Factor interested viewers as much as they used to.

“If I’m being honest I think we’ve had a brilliant run of great formatted entertainment shows like X-Factor and The Voice that do what they do,” he said.

The Edge 96.1