We owe you all an apology.
Disney dropped their ‘cookie fries’ recipe all the way back at the start of March and WE FAILED to report it to you.
But we’re here now.
You too can make this hot collab.
FRIES FT. COOKIE
With a recipe that cooks up to 32 cookie fries, you can live off these for like….2 days in iso!
The recipe is vegan so it asks for egg substitute and vegan margarine, but if you can’t be f***** finding that, then just use the real stuff.
So let’s get this party started.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (or 2 large eggs)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, powdered sugar, and margarine in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Combine warm water and egg substitute in a separate bowl, then add egg mixture and molasses to the mixer. Mix again on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cut cold cookie dough into 32 strips that are 10cm long and place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favourite chokkie dipping sauce (or a hot chokkie!)
Channel your inner Nigella and let us know how you go!