We’re all missing fancy restaurants and going out to eat at the moment, but one good thing that has come from staying at home is how creative people are getting in the kitchen themselves.
So creative in fact that some people have come up with super simple at-home recipes for things that you would usually only buy from 5 star joints!
And we have to say, this latest one we are BIG fans of! And if you often find yourself ordering a Crème Brulée for dessert when out at a restaurant, we have no doubt you’ll be a fan too.
While even just the name Crème Brulée makes the dish sound daunting and difficult, this one guy has come up with a recipe that’s said to be restaurant quality but only uses THREE ingredients!
Not to mention, you don’t need to own one of those fancy pants blow torches to make this one!
The recipe was shared by Shef Shaquille on TikTok using a recipe from Tasty and all you’ll need to replicate it is, one egg yolk, 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream and 1 tablespoon of sugar (per serving).
@shefshaqYou do NOT need a blow torch. 🔥 ##food ##foodlover ##easyrecipes ##quickrecipes ##foryou ##foryoupage ##fyp ##baking♬ original sound – shefshaq
Then just follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour hot water into a baking pan and sit the pan in the oven as it preheats.
2. Combin melted ice cream and egg yolks in a bowl using a fork or whisk. Pour into greased ramekins.
3. Set the ramekins in the tray of hot water, so that the water reaches halfway up the sides of each dish, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
4. Once cooked, allow the Crème Brulées to cool to room temperature before covering with cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
5. Once they’ve set, caramelize sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat and spoon on top of the Crème Brulée. Let it harden before cracking into the dessert with a spoon!
And there you have it! Enjoy a super fancy dessert while you sit in your PJs in the comfort of your own home.